If you own property and you let your boyfriend or girlfriend reside there and they're not paying rent, you actually can evict them. It's a little bit of a different procedure. It's called an ejectment. This is not the typical scenario, however it does happen from time to time. The process will take a little longer and it is a little bit more complicated, so if you're not sure on how to approach the subject, you may want to consult with an attorney.